It’s no secret that participating in trade shows, conferences and other events can be a great way to increase brand awareness, improve product knowledge through hands-on demonstrations and, ultimately, drive more sales.
In fact, a study by the Event Marketing Institute reported that more and more dollars are being devoted to experiential marketing, which is a good measure of their effectiveness in the mind of marketers.
So, whether you’re a long-time event marketer or a first-time exhibitor, how can you make the most of your investment? Be prepared! Here are five tips on pre-event planning:
1. Promote, promote and promote some more! Do everything you can to reach a broader audience and pull more prospects to your trade show booth. Notify everyone on your mailing list and email list. Feature the event prominently on your website or create a splash page especially for it. Distribute press releases to preferred media outlets.
2. Employ the incredible power of social media. An EMI/Mosaic survey revealed that 77% of marketers connect with consumers via social media before an event. You should, too. On Facebook and elsewhere, promote your event, encourage your targets to register – and urge them to spread the word to like-minded colleagues.
3. Invite a new group of prospects via direct mail. Go beyond those on your internal database by renting a mailing list of others who fit your target profile. There’s no shortage of opportunity. At last count there were no fewer than 65,000 individual databases – most of which can be sliced, diced and otherwise segmented to truly pinpoint your most promising prospects!
4. “Uh, when was that event again?” (Remind them!) Shortly beforehand, reach out to all your invitees with an inexpensive, save-the-date postcard mailing. Emails and e-cards are, of course, other cost-effective reminder options.
5. Take stock of your display, materials and giveaways. All the measures mentioned above won’t help if visitors walk away unimpressed by your presentation or are unable to recall you afterwards. So, use the occasion to reorder what you need by way of materials or refresh what might seem tired and outdated.
Would you like assistance with your trade show planning?? We’re your nearby experts; we can help.
Fast. Local. Personal. For over 35 years KKP has been supplying a comprehensive range of high-quality print, design and sign services as well as marketing assistance to Canadian businesses. For expert assistance, attentive service and affordable prices, contact us today.